The project objective for this government division of 1000 staff was to establish a set of common criteria for Recruitment & Selection, Learning & Development, Performance Management & Rewards Management so that they had people with the right capabilities to help achieve its vision. The core competencies should provide clear definitions of behaviours and skills that are critical for successful performance, both individually and collectively as an organisation.
- Core Measures conducted project planning and consultation with Management, HR and staff. Designed and delivered core competency meetings and workshops for Management and key staff involved in the project.
- Developed core competencies with behavioural anchors or key actions
- Validated and confirmed the key actions with HR before presenting them to other staff.
- Designed and distributed a questionnaire to approximately 30% of staff across divisions and levels to rate the importance of each key action.
- Conducted a ranking exercise to determine the final list of key actions under each value.
- Facilitated a group discussion on the final key actions to be included in the appraisal form.
- Presented a summary outcome report and deliverables to the Management.
- Delivered staff communications on the finalised core competencies to officers at Executive level and above.
- Using Core Measures competency development tools and interventions, the project was completed on time and to all agreed expectations. This included a competency analysis report detailing a list of competencies and key actions and a human resource competency integration methodology.
- As a result of this success, Core Measures was engaged again to continue developing this organisation’s competency framework.